• Hallo Hornet785,

in deed, the air-bridge (Luftbrücke) was a grand logistic achievement. Hunderts of brave american, british, australian, canadian new-zealandish, and south-african pilots risked their lives to help thousands of people in trouble. In so far Luftbrücke is not only a symbol of peace but of international understanding too. A goodness, which still seens to be unknown respectively forgotten by some people on this (nice) planet...

Best regards !

from Pälzer

• Dear Sylvain,

in my eyes this is more likely a complete fiddle than a curio. I have grave doubts about anyone getting away with posting a card like that in Stalinist East Berlin (Pankow) in 1949 and have it sent to Hamburg with no questions asked. The thought that the sender pre-empted the provocative communist-turned-capitalist Otto Ludwig Piffl in Billy Wilder’s One Two Three by a dozen years or so is tempting but as unlikely as roasted snowballs ...

Just my 2 Pfennigs …

Best wishes from Erding (which served as a central logistic hub during most of the airlift period)!

Viele Grüße aus Erding!

Achter Kontich wonen er ook mensen!

• ...and the - in the truest sense of the word - cool slogan: " roasted snowballs" of our good Erdinger is one we realy have to keep in mind ! :D

+ Gruß !

vom Pälzer

Wer um Postgeschichte einen Bogen macht, läuft am Schluss im Kreis