• Hello

I just been invited to join this forum.

My name is Sylvain Maltais, I live in a small town called Drummondville in the province of Québec in Canada. I do speak french and english.
    I've been in the military for 25 years. (RCAF..Air force) I'm an aircraft maintenance supervisor.

I did start in the stamp world at the age of 12. My Grand father did show me couple of his stamps and I felt in love with stamps since then. My first favorite piece was the Monaco 1 Fr 1956 Wedding of Prince Rainier and Princess Grace. (I still have this one and will keep it till I die) My Grand father was not a collector but some kind of accumulator.(I have his accumulation)

I have a Canadian and Monaco collection and since two years, the beginning of a German one. I do collect numerals. (simple design as possible) I particularly like all kind of plate flaws even if they are not recorded. So far, I don't collect letters. To collect these, you need to know all the postal rates and so on. For my country, it's pretty easy. We have the same postal system since the beginning. Even before the U.P.U.. Same currency (1859) and same regime. That 's why I'd choose to extend what my Grand father left to me because of the complexity of the german philately.

My other interests are working on my land doing fire wood during winter and hunting during fall season.

Don't be shy if you have any questions about Canadian stamps.

That's about it.

I'm very pleased to join you.

Best Regards

Sylvain

• Hello hornet785,

nice to have you here - you are our 1st member from overseas.

As you can learn a lot from members here, we can learn a lot from you, especially about Monaco and Canada. Please feel free to show and ask us, whatever you like to.

Liebe Grüsse von bayern klassisch

Liebe Grüsse vom Ralph

"Der beste Platz für Politiker ist das Wahlplakat. Dort ist er tragbar, geräuschlos und leicht zu entfernen." Vicco von Bülow aka Loriot.

• Hello hornet785,

welcome to our "Altpostgeschichte Forum", it feels really great to me, to have the first
    Person from Oversea in our Forum, specially as i collect also the transatlantic Mail.

So if you just continue with collecting numerous will be also interesting, but if you start with
    Covers, it would be a even bigger interesting Information inside this Forum, as i can promise
    you.

So by the Way, if you ever see Covers from Germany to Canada, specially from the Time about
    1840-1872 please give an PN or show them here, everybody will be interested in :):)

Best Regards
    Bayern social
    (Oliver)

Beste Grüsse von
    Bayern Social

"Sammler sind glückliche Menschen"

• Hallo hornet785,
    willkommen im Forum. Danke für die beispielgebende mustergültige persönliche Vorstellung. So sollte es sein. :) Ich wünschte mir, es wäre immer so.
    Beste Grüße
    HOS