You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Forum für Postgeschichte und Markenfreu(n)de. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

The forums are currently offline for the following reason(s):

Aktualisierung der Foren-Software wird durchgeführt.

Aabenraaer

Experte

• "Aabenraaer" started this thread

Thursday, April 11th 2019, 1:52pm

Introducing myself - from Odense

Hello everyone!

I just joined and would like to introduce myself. I am Danish, 47 years old at this time of writing, and working as an IT-consultant. I'm living in Odense and was born and raised in Aabenraa (Apenrade). So being a Slesviger, my collection is a Heimat-Sammlung of sorts.

My main interest is cancellations from the nowadays Schleswig-Holstein and Sønderjylland regions on Danish stamps, 1851-1864. This includes cancellations with numerals, ink and any of the many special post marks from this area.

However, I do also look into other periods, such as 1864 - 1920 and philately from the 1920 Plebiscit.

Over the years, I have found much valuable information in this forum, so I'm happy to join and looking forward to contribute to the discussions.

I read German quite well and can, though with some struggle, also write in German, but I prefer writing in English.

See you in the forums!

/Ole (Aabenraaer)

Thursday, April 11th 2019, 4:42pm

Hello Ole

nice to have you here - there are some collectors in the forum like you and we all would like to see the items of your collection. So go ahead and no worry - almost every member can read and/or understand English. :)
Liebe Grüsse vom Ralph

Terret vulgus, nisi metuat. Tacitus

Klesammler

Experte

Thursday, April 11th 2019, 4:52pm

Hello Ole,

welcome in the forum. If there are questions I think you will get answers within short time as here are some collectors with the same interests like yours.

best regards

Dieter

Thursday, April 11th 2019, 7:53pm

Hallo Ole
It's nice to welcome a younger philatelist to our forum again. ( I had my 70th birthday yesterday.)
viele Grüße
Erwin W.
preussen_fan

Thursday, April 11th 2019, 8:00pm

Happy Birthday my friend!

Sorry for off topic.
Liebe Grüsse vom Ralph

Terret vulgus, nisi metuat. Tacitus

Thursday, April 11th 2019, 8:40pm

Hallo Ole,
good to have an expert from Denmark here now ! In the next days I will present some further semi-classic incoming-mail-letters from Denmark to my collection area.
Und ebenfalls herzlichen Glückwunsch zum 70. an unseren @preussen_fan. Von hier aus weiterhin alles Gute vor allem Gesundheit und viel Freude am Hobby !
Viele Grüße
vom Pälzer

Thursday, April 11th 2019, 9:24pm

Liebe Freunde,
danke für eure Glückwünsche
viele Grüße
Erwin W.
preussen_fan

Klesammler

Experte

Thursday, April 11th 2019, 10:21pm

Lieber Erwin,

herzlichen Glückwunsch und alles Gute fürs nächste Jahrzehnt. Ich hoffe, du hast es nicht übertrieben und dich benommen.

liebe Grüße

Dieter

Thursday, April 11th 2019, 10:53pm

Lieber Dieter,
ganz bestimmt nicht. Ich bin in Wien und von den Wienern hat sich bisher keiner beschwert.
viele Grüße
Erwin W.
preussen_fan

Aabenraaer

Experte

Friday, April 12th 2019, 9:21am

Hi all
Thank you very much for your kind welcome!
@Erwin: Also a Happy Birthday from Odense :-)
@Ralph: I would be happy to share my collection. I have scanned parts of it for insurance purposes, so I will soon put the scans into a zip file and post a link in the Slesvig-Holsten section.

Have a nice weekend, everyone!
Ole

Monday, May 20th 2019, 12:12am

Hi Ole,

I don't have discipline to check the thread in order to welcome new members. I'm from the other side of the pond :)

Welcome here, nice place to be.

Best regards

Sylvain

robfaux

Experte

Monday, May 20th 2019, 4:09am

Welcome Ole!
From one who pretty much MUST write English to be understood! :) I've found this to be a wonderful forum and have felt welcomed. I think I've only been involved for a year?

I think the only thing I have problem with is the very large number of threads. It can be hard to figure out where to go to be on topic. But, that is a small problem. :)
Best,
Rob

Aabenraaer

Experte

Monday, July 1st 2019, 11:02am

Hi Sylvain, Rob and Laurent !

Thank you very much!

As the posts' date&time painfully clearly reveals, I haven't been too great a keeping myself updated here - I blame it on the very fine weather :-)

I fully agree with you. I think the level of expertise and dedication found on this forum is impressive. People say, that any topic can be interesting if one drills deeply enough into it. I find this very true, after reading threads on this here forum, which are off-topic wrt to my collection. I am sadly limited by both time and wealth :-)

Cheers Ole