You are not logged in.

Aabenraaer

Experte

• "Aabenraaer" started this thread

Thursday, April 11th 2019, 1:52pm

Introducing myself - from Odense

Hello everyone!

I just joined and would like to introduce myself. I am Danish, 47 years old at this time of writing, and working as an IT-consultant. I'm living in Odense and was born and raised in Aabenraa (Apenrade). So being a Slesviger, my collection is a Heimat-Sammlung of sorts.

My main interest is cancellations from the nowadays Schleswig-Holstein and Sønderjylland regions on Danish stamps, 1851-1864. This includes cancellations with numerals, ink and any of the many special post marks from this area.

However, I do also look into other periods, such as 1864 - 1920 and philately from the 1920 Plebiscit.

Over the years, I have found much valuable information in this forum, so I'm happy to join and looking forward to contribute to the discussions.

I read German quite well and can, though with some struggle, also write in German, but I prefer writing in English.

See you in the forums!

/Ole (Aabenraaer)

Thursday, April 11th 2019, 4:42pm

Hello Ole

nice to have you here - there are some collectors in the forum like you and we all would like to see the items of your collection. So go ahead and no worry - almost every member can read and/or understand English. :)
Liebe Grüsse vom Ralph

Terret vulgus, nisi metuat. Tacitus

Klesammler

Experte

Thursday, April 11th 2019, 4:52pm

Hello Ole,

welcome in the forum. If there are questions I think you will get answers within short time as here are some collectors with the same interests like yours.

best regards

Dieter

Thursday, April 11th 2019, 7:53pm

Hallo Ole
It's nice to welcome a younger philatelist to our forum again. ( I had my 70th birthday yesterday.)
viele Grüße
Erwin W.
preussen_fan

Thursday, April 11th 2019, 8:00pm

Happy Birthday my friend!

Sorry for off topic.
Liebe Grüsse vom Ralph

Terret vulgus, nisi metuat. Tacitus

Thursday, April 11th 2019, 8:40pm

Hallo Ole,
good to have an expert from Denmark here now ! In the next days I will present some further semi-classic incoming-mail-letters from Denmark to my collection area.
Und ebenfalls herzlichen Glückwunsch zum 70. an unseren @preussen_fan. Von hier aus weiterhin alles Gute vor allem Gesundheit und viel Freude am Hobby !
Viele Grüße
vom Pälzer

Thursday, April 11th 2019, 9:24pm

Liebe Freunde,
danke für eure Glückwünsche
viele Grüße
Erwin W.
preussen_fan

Klesammler

Experte

Thursday, April 11th 2019, 10:21pm

Lieber Erwin,

herzlichen Glückwunsch und alles Gute fürs nächste Jahrzehnt. Ich hoffe, du hast es nicht übertrieben und dich benommen.

liebe Grüße

Dieter

Thursday, April 11th 2019, 10:53pm

Lieber Dieter,
ganz bestimmt nicht. Ich bin in Wien und von den Wienern hat sich bisher keiner beschwert.
viele Grüße
Erwin W.
preussen_fan

Aabenraaer

Experte

Friday, April 12th 2019, 9:21am

Hi all
Thank you very much for your kind welcome!
@Erwin: Also a Happy Birthday from Odense :-)
@Ralph: I would be happy to share my collection. I have scanned parts of it for insurance purposes, so I will soon put the scans into a zip file and post a link in the Slesvig-Holsten section.

Have a nice weekend, everyone!
Ole

Monday, May 20th 2019, 12:12am

Hi Ole,

I don't have discipline to check the thread in order to welcome new members. I'm from the other side of the pond :)

Welcome here, nice place to be.

Best regards

Sylvain

robfaux

Experte

Monday, May 20th 2019, 4:09am

Welcome Ole!
From one who pretty much MUST write English to be understood! :) I've found this to be a wonderful forum and have felt welcomed. I think I've only been involved for a year?

I think the only thing I have problem with is the very large number of threads. It can be hard to figure out where to go to be on topic. But, that is a small problem. :)
Best,
Rob

Aabenraaer

Experte

Monday, July 1st 2019, 11:02am

Hi Sylvain, Rob and Laurent !

Thank you very much!

As the posts' date&time painfully clearly reveals, I haven't been too great a keeping myself updated here - I blame it on the very fine weather :-)

I fully agree with you. I think the level of expertise and dedication found on this forum is impressive. People say, that any topic can be interesting if one drills deeply enough into it. I find this very true, after reading threads on this here forum, which are off-topic wrt to my collection. I am sadly limited by both time and wealth :-)

Cheers Ole